No products in the cart.
Treatsie has gone totally Star Wars crazy. So instead of rounding up your run-of-the-mill New Year’s drink recipes, we’ve collected our absolute favorite Star Wars-themed libations, perfect for sipping in the seedy Tatooine cantina of your choice (or the comfort of your home).
The Obi Wan Kenobi
- 1 oz Gin
- 2 oz Blue Curacao
- 3 ounces blue Kool-Aid
- Simply mix, serve, and use the force.
(image and recipe via The Daily Meal)
- 3 oz of milk
- 1 oz of cream
- 1 oz of coconut rum
- 1 oz of amaretto
- 2 oz of blue curacao
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake for 20-30 seconds until chilled.
- Serve in a chilled glass.
For a non-alcoholic version:
- Almond milk for the amaretto, which can also take the place of the normal milk.
- Coconut water for the rum
- Dilute a little orange juice with a bit of water and add blue food coloring for the curacao. Or, you could take a scoop of orange sherbet and combine it with the food coloring for more of a float style drink.
Makes 2 drinks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) bourbon
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced, about 4 tablespoons (2 ounces)
- Pour honey into a small jar or mixing bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water and whisk vigorously until they form a thin syrup.
- Whisk in the bourbon and lemon juice. Mixture can be refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To serve, shake vigorously with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain over a big ice cube in a rocks glass.
(Image and recipe via The Kitchn)
The Han Solo
- matches or a fireplace lighter
- orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 ounce laphroig (or another very smokey whiskey)
- 1 ounce rye
- 1/2 ounce amaro
- 1/2 ounce benedictine
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- Light a match and scorch the orange peel, cinnamon stick, and cloves until smoldering (do this on a metal or scorch-free surface).
- Pop the cocktail glass on top, gathering the smoke. Combine the laphroig, rye, amaro, benedictine and bitters in a large glass. Fill with ice and stir for 15 seconds.
- Lift the cocktail glass and quickly strain the drink into the glass. Toss in the peel for garnish, and prepare to jump to lightspeed.
Qui-Gon Gin and Tonic
- 1 oz Gin
- 2 oz Melon liquor
- 1 splash Lime juice
- Fill with Tonic water
- 1 Lime wedge
- Mix the first three ingredients in a highball glass and top with tonic water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and, if possible, use a green glow stick as a stir.
- Drink and stray away from the topic of midi-chlorians.
Dark Side Martini
- 1 1/2 oz black rum
- 3/4 oz crème de cacao
- 1 cup ice
- Black food color
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Add black rum, crème de cacao, ice and 1 or 2 drops black food color to a martini shaker.
- In small bowl, add brown sugar and 1 drop black food color. Mix with fork until all sugar is black. Wet rim of martini glass with water. Dip rim into sugar.
- Strain martini into glass, serve, and feel the power of the dark side of the force.
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup grenadine syrup (approximately)
- Fill a tall glass with ice and orange juice.
- Slowly pour in grenadine syrup and allow to settle on the bottom. Serve, and dream about the day you’ll leave that boring ol’ planet behind.
The Yoda Shot
Makes 6 shots
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Melon Liqueur
- 2 oz Apple Schnapps
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 oz Sours
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until chilled, and strain into your 6 shot glasses. (Also, do not judge them by their size.)